Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Knicks game last night...other BBall news




















I went to the Knicks game last night with my good friend Ryan. They played the Blazers who are a very good team and predictably lost. They did a good job though, and I continue to be hopeful that they have turned a corner and will continue to have exciting games. 

What was more interesting than the game itself was the  halftime entertainment, and timeout hijinx. During halftime they had some bizarre talent competition between 3 teenage girls. The first girl was completely awful and sang "Sk8r Boi" by Avril Lavigne. At this point I thought they were just randomly picked from the audience because no one could be this bad. Turns out I was wrong, so I have two theories. Either this girl's family is deaf or she is an orphan with no friends, so no one has loved her enough to tell her she was awful. The other two girls were good I guess considering they were performing what amounted to Karaoke in Madison Square Garden, and it beat out the Romanian gymnast from last Knicks game I went to in the bizarre halftime show category. We then had to vote for our favorite by applause. Before presenting the awful girl, they prefaced the voting with "Remember, we do not boo our children in MSG." Not a good idea reminding awful human beings that they have the ability to boo in life. What followed was complete silence from 80% of the arena (the people I like to refer to as the nice people) and boos from the other 20%. I felt bad for the girl, but hey, now she knows that no one loves her enough to tell her what she isn't good at. 

Besides the halftime show people were also randomly select for a game of "Around the World" for plane tickets, and a contest where two guys had to spin in a circle with their head on a baseball bat and then try to score first in opposite baskets. To me this just seems like a lawsuit in the making, but I guess after Isaiah's hijinx they probably have really good lawyers. Anyway so these two dopes in helmets spun around, and the heavier set gentleman fell down twice as if he was shot in the head by a sniper. This was funny because he was fat, and fat people falling is always hilarious. 

All in all it was a good night, spent mostly making fun of Greg Oden. We came up with an impression of what Greg Oden must sound like and now I refuse to actually listen to him speak because it will ruin my dream. We also called him Frankenstein several times and I felt as if the sneakers he was wearing were not even basketball sneakers. This may be the case since he was benched for the entire 4th quarter and scored 2 points. The only other notable event is that I learned Rudy Fernandez of the Blazers is from Spain. I learned this not over the PA but because of the giant crowd of Spanish psychopaths waving what had to be a 20 ft Spanish flag in the good seats below us. I thought I was at a world cup game. 
















In other basketball news, the Houston Comets are being shutdown because no one cares about the WNBA

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Greg Oden (to the Knicks halftime show): Do you want to go to my hotel room, watch the disney channel, eat candy, and cuddle?

Greg: Coach, can I dribble like David Lee?

Greg: The big apple scares me.

Amber said...

I vote Rudy Fernandez cutest player in the league.

Ryan said...

http://sneakernews.com/2008/11/23/nike-power-max-greg-oden-away-pe/

Oden's sneakers.