Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top 10 Movie heels #6: Bill the Butcher

















I haven't seen "Gangs of New York" in a really long time, but what I do remember is two things that made me love Bill the Butcher. He was one of the most badass assholes I have ever seen in a movie, and he was trying to kill Leonardo DiCaprio. Both great traits to have in my book. I will admit that I like most of the movies Leo is in, but if I was a sadistic killer and saw his face, I would probably want to make a Leo intestine necklace too. Anyway, I went and looked up some quotes because it has been so long since I have seen this movie, and this one seems fitting:

"[taps his glass eye with a knife] I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth. You can build your filthy world without me. I took the father. Now I'll take the son. You tell young Vallon I'm gonna paint Paradise Square with his blood. Two coats. I'll festoon my bedchamber with his guts. As for you, Mr. Tammany-fucking-Hall, you come down to the Points again, and you'll be dispatched by my own hand. Get back to your celebration and let me eat in peace."

Anyone who wants to paint major parts of a city with blood is a sweet heel.

No comments: