Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Wrestler


















"The Wrestler" is a movie regular people will like, and wrestling fans will love. Mickey Rourke's face is so awful that I had to stop eating when watching this film, but it fits the run down wrestler image perfectly. The acting in the film was great, and even a regular Joe can feel the pain that Randy "The Ram" Robinson is going through. However, what makes this movie wonderful for me is how closely the story jives with the actual wrestling world from the 80s to present. The ending of the movie was one of the better endings I have seen in a film, and this movie instantly enters my top 10 films of all time. I recommend it to anyone, and especially anyone who is a wrestling fan. I don't see Mickey Rourke getting many more acting jobs with that mug, but he sure as hell was good in this film.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This movie was really the best thing I've seen in a long time. From what I heard Rourke is taking method acting to the next level and wrestling at Wrestlemania which might just kill his acting career and his chances at the Oscar.

theomegachrist said...

What an idiot if he does that.