Friday, April 3, 2009

I Like You Man


















Can I get a high five for the title? Ok, so I finally became the last person to see this movie the other day, and I will say that I did think it was a pretty funny movie. There were some good legit laughs, but something didn't feel right about the movie. So I have been thinking on the toilet, and I think I figured out my problem with the movie.

It was a good movie, but I think it was a little too safe. Don't get me wrong, there were some outrageous scenes, and dialogue, but something about the movie just didn't seem like it went all out. I mean whatever, not every movie has to have you crying of laughter on the floor, but I think this movie was just made to appeal to everyone. It is a movie, teens and adults can like, and men and women. 

That is fine, and I have come to peace with that. My only other complaint is, I am not sure what they were going for with Jason Segal's character? Like I do not think they actually wanted you to believe that a guy calling a room a "man cave" was cool, but they didn't really try very hard to lead you to believe it was mocking people like that either. Paul Rudd was funny doing what Paul Rudd does as usual, but overall I didn't ROFL. I liked this movie, but I think I liked "Role Models" a lot more. 

Can't wait for "Observe and Report" which just by the previews looks to be the amazing comedy I wish this movie was. 

I am not feeling like breaking out banana.gif so I will give this a 6.5/10 since I know you are on the edge of your seats waiting for my review.


1 comment:

Lulu: said...

Just saw it this past friday... it was good. :up: