Friday, August 7, 2009

Annoying Activist Rant

I have barely blogged lately due to a busy schedule, but I was so irritated at lunch yesterday that I thought this would be necessary to stay sane. I've ranted about a lot of things in the past, but NOTHING is more irritating than people trying to get you to donate money to their dumb causes on the streets of New York City.

I am not sure if these stupid college liberals roam the streets in other cities as well, but at least 2 or 3 times a month I get stopped by some dumb well to do white person asking me to donate $20 a month to save trees or animals.

I would be less irritated if there were people openly trying to rob me on the street twice a month. How is this even legal?? Who wants to be stopped on the street and guilted in trying to donate your hard earned money. That is blatant harassment and soliciting. If I wanted to just openly peddle things on the street I would be arrested, so why are these people different.

I cannot even fathom the mindset of these people. They are usually college age, and usually white people. What a shocker. How nice it must be to be so well off as a college student, that you actually think it is reasonable that people would donated $20 a month to some fund with which we have no idea what they are doing with our money. It must be nice to be so out of touch with the value of money where you do not have to worry like most college students.

A couple of months ago, one of these douche bags walked up to me and said "Global Warming is a serious issue, can I talk to you for a minute?" I then proceeded to ask them why Global Warming was a serious issue, and they couldn't even recite the dumb facts on that stupid Powerpoint we all saw Al Gore read. They just were like, it is killing the environment man, and other cliches that are supposed to get me "really thinking."

Fuck your stupid causes, and leave alone the people trying to get from point A to point B. Your lives aren't important, you aren't doing anything important, and you know nothing about Global Warming. Maybe they should walk around with a scientist and I will take them more seriously. Anyway that is all I have for now. Lemon out.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I completely agree with you. For me it's the people soliciting outside supermarkets. I don't want to be "guilted" into donating money to a charity I know nothing about! I have my own charities that I donate to. We get a few people walking into my job with fancy photos of animals and such, raising money for school trips. For real? You want me to donate money so you can go on a trip? I don't care what the trip is for: Save your own money if you want to go. Sell things online. Get a part-time job. Don't make me feel bad because I don't want to give you my money!